So I sent Tim the link to Pogo's "Hook" song, and he liked it. Must share some of those mp3s with him eventually, yay! I am SO glad that
maniac_online got me into that artist, he is so damn catchy =D
So worked that extra shift, and though I survived (with the help of a 5-hour energy drink), it was not easy. mostly I think it was because I had a patient going to surgery early in the morning, and had problems with reaching the doctor about a critical alb value, so there was a lot of time wasted back and forth near the end of shift, bleh. Otherwise, I could do it... just preferably not on Mondays XD They are harsh days (nights?)!
Saw three films on Wednesday, heehee: "Flipped" was a really adorable old-style romance of sorts between these younger kids, and the boy actor was a super cutey. I am curious to know how handsome he'll be as he grows up, as he seems he's gonna develop those sexy jaw lines that go down from cheekbones. Maybe :] "Salt" was enjoyable in a "Bourne Identity" kind of way, but I liked it much more. And finally, "Predators" was just fun because I enjoy those aliens. Half the characters I wanted to kill instantly, the other half were decently interesting, I suppose.

Crocheting... hmm, not sure if I am being successful or not... I am having lots of fun with the afghan I'm making for my friend, and finally started to use the new yarn I got to do alternating colors on it, BUT there have been snags. Most notably is that somewhere along the line I messed up the pattern... Not sure if it was something in the very beginning, in which case I am screwed; or if it happened later on, which I'm trying to mess around with in hopes of fixing it. The yarn is going up and down in a proper zig-zag, but it's... not straight. Like the finished part is starting to circle instead of lay down flat. Expanding with each row, maybe? I think I am increasing the stitch where I don't need to anymore, so I am going to stop doing that, but maybe keep that decreasing stitch every 'valley', just to seep what happens. The pretty new purple yarn is a little hard to work with, so i will have to work on it a lot this upcoming week to see any progress. However, as I am not well supplied, I might take a break on it and instead work on the Harry Potter scarf =D Hopefully I can do both, but on Monday will be the two week point before vacation... and I still have way too much to get done :[!
But now, to try to catch up with the Gaia RP so I can do a quick post before work tonight.
So worked that extra shift, and though I survived (with the help of a 5-hour energy drink), it was not easy. mostly I think it was because I had a patient going to surgery early in the morning, and had problems with reaching the doctor about a critical alb value, so there was a lot of time wasted back and forth near the end of shift, bleh. Otherwise, I could do it... just preferably not on Mondays XD They are harsh days (nights?)!
Saw three films on Wednesday, heehee: "Flipped" was a really adorable old-style romance of sorts between these younger kids, and the boy actor was a super cutey. I am curious to know how handsome he'll be as he grows up, as he seems he's gonna develop those sexy jaw lines that go down from cheekbones. Maybe :] "Salt" was enjoyable in a "Bourne Identity" kind of way, but I liked it much more. And finally, "Predators" was just fun because I enjoy those aliens. Half the characters I wanted to kill instantly, the other half were decently interesting, I suppose.

Crocheting... hmm, not sure if I am being successful or not... I am having lots of fun with the afghan I'm making for my friend, and finally started to use the new yarn I got to do alternating colors on it, BUT there have been snags. Most notably is that somewhere along the line I messed up the pattern... Not sure if it was something in the very beginning, in which case I am screwed; or if it happened later on, which I'm trying to mess around with in hopes of fixing it. The yarn is going up and down in a proper zig-zag, but it's... not straight. Like the finished part is starting to circle instead of lay down flat. Expanding with each row, maybe? I think I am increasing the stitch where I don't need to anymore, so I am going to stop doing that, but maybe keep that decreasing stitch every 'valley', just to seep what happens. The pretty new purple yarn is a little hard to work with, so i will have to work on it a lot this upcoming week to see any progress. However, as I am not well supplied, I might take a break on it and instead work on the Harry Potter scarf =D Hopefully I can do both, but on Monday will be the two week point before vacation... and I still have way too much to get done :[!
But now, to try to catch up with the Gaia RP so I can do a quick post before work tonight.
no subject
Date: 2010-09-24 06:30 pm (UTC)Love the colors of the yarn. Afghans...They are a love/hate thing, aren't they. I love my afghan, but man, as I am making it, it is DSRIVING ME CRAZY!
Good luck with the afghan.