(no subject)

18 Nov. 3rd, 2010 09:55 pm
cideon: (Default)
[personal profile] cideon
NaNo meme stolen from [livejournal.com profile] wynndfae:

AT THE START: DO YOU:
Have an outline? nope
Scene-by-scene? nopers
Know how it starts? that, at least I got!
Know how it ends? besides general guy gets the girl, nope.
Have your climax in order? I have one planned, not sure if it will be the final crescendo though
Know your main characters yet? all but one
Have a particular tone in mind? hoping it won't be all mushy boring crap
Plan to draw on your own experiences? since I've never lived in a fantasy medieval setting, nope again

IS YOUR WORK GOING TO BE:
Funny? bits and pieces; mostly thanks to the sarcastic characters
Serious? ehh
Sad? probably not
Semi-Autobiographical? nope
Based on another story? hopefully not

HOW HAVE MUCH YOU PLANNED? HAVE YOU USED:
A paper journal? no
Pens? no
Multicoloured pens? I wish
A computer? You bet! Using Rough draft so the plot and little ideas are on the sidebar thing :D
Index cards? no
Bulleted lists? no
Plot Charts? no
Character Charts? no
Character formulas? no
Favorite writing resource? NaNo boards

ODDS AND ENDS:
A line you would like to use: Anything about the male going psyco-nuts to protect female char.
A scene you would like to include: Something off the wall. Perhaps a dragon can be worked into this? A non-monstrous dragon?
A concept you would like to explore: Trying to get more female pining that the way my male usually does. but without being stupid about it.
A cliché you would like to avoid: weak females (or overly bitchy ones)
A character you would like to use: Cyrus

FORWARD THINKING:
Do you expect to be able to complete it? I haven't won NaNo on three years. I f-ing better! >o
Do you intend to complete it? Hell yes.
Would you ever try to publish it? Depends how it reads when I'm done.
What do you expect to get out of this month of frantic writing? Something finished; sense of accomplishment.

---
The plot was up for grabs in the adopt-a-plot thread that I went to because I just had no ideas. It's kinda cheap of me to fall back to a Steve+Lily story again but I don't think I've ever FINISHED anything for the pair, so I wanted to try. Generally, he's a mercenary, she and her bodyguards are in trouble, he saves them, but they had wanted to get caught. I will probably have to add quests or something to actually flesh this out, hmm

Other than that, meh. Our unit shut down on Sat and Sun, so I was floated to ACE unit first (where the confused people are, it's a locked unit. My patients all slept through the night though, it was AWESOME!) and then to 4south (bariatrics and orthopedic patients). I got out like 8:20 on Sun morning, and I think 9:30-ish on Monday. It was an interesting experience, but I kinda missed my unit :] Tues went to committee meeting, then today I did some chart audits. Nothing major on that front.

There's some yarn progress, but it's part of my vacation photos, so I'll wait to have a long post about all that at the same time. Guess that's it for tonight, sorry it's mostly about a NaNo that I'm not even fired up to write :[

Date: 2010-11-07 07:13 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] theyarnproject.livejournal.com
I cannot wait to see the new yarn creations, from you. So sorry you got bounced, back and forth, at work. That's never fun.

April 2014

S M T W T F S
  12345
6 789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
27282930   

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 21st, 2026 08:09 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios