So, to the trip info! Unfortunately, I didn't make notes of what highways and side highways we used... so a lot of this is all jumbled up in my head. Will do my best to keep it straight.
So when we left El Paso, we ended up being harassed by a couple of bugs. This was the primary one, I think just before or after Fort Stockton. Actually, I think maybe much closer to Dallas/Fort Worth? See, I TOLD you I didn't keep good notes. Wait... let me use twitter bits in italics, if you don't mind :D
the first lj entry of tonight's part of thre road trip shall be entitled "night of the giant bugs" :S 5:59 AM Oct 13th This is the first one. I was sitting on a toilet, minding my own business, when I see this little (well, not that little as you can see him next to a quarter I tossed down) guy coming out of the wall and heading towards my shoe. I kick, scream, and generally give best friend a heart attack. Having only grazed him, he had backed off, then approaches again. Best friend can see him under the door, and kicks him away. The stalls have two open spaces (for water runoff I imagine) between them, one near the front (where he was) and one near the back wall. Best friend goes to see where he is and starts yelling that he's using the back way and heading towards my stall. I finish and GTFO of there before he reached my stall. I wash my hands, then we follow him around and stare at him. Does anyone have a clue what this dude is?!?!

He was pretty and all, but f-ing creepy because he was an unexpected visitor. The night was thus dubbed thanks to a spider bigger than him at another rest stop, hanging out on the ground at the edge of a sidewalk. If I knew bug talk, maybe I would have known he was saying "HI :D", but as I don't, we just jogged past big ole spider. THEN in AK, tweet srsly, bug adventures. leaving Pine Bluff, AK. and a bug flew in an open window. approx 3 miles later A BEE IS CRAWLING ON DRIVER'S LEG. 12:57 PM Oct 15th. Seriously. Something flew in the window, and at the time I thought it was a small leaf (bf thought it was a big fly), but then this little bee is crawling on her leg and she chucked him out the window. I don't mind bugs normally, but these were acting all out of the ordinary, ya know?
Road Trip Update - Odometer: 1504 miles. Locaion: just got to enter Louisiana. Personal Status: crocheting and minorly motion sick, but ... 4:54 PM Oct 13th
--but in good spirits! Now searching for postcards :3 5:14 PM Oct 13th

I swear I changed my shirt, socks, and undies when I showered, it's just the same jacket and jeans :3 Found only a handful of postcards at one place. Nothing good :/
Arrived to Pine Bluff, AK. Got taco bell. tired. have to eat and get to work assembling some candy bags for a dog show though. bed so good 10:51 PM Oct 13th
As noted above, we did not leave until the 15th. Here's only a small portion of these candy bags of doom, at the hotel and then at the convention center for the Great Dane thing (which was gonna be that Saturday, so we didn't stay to look at big doggies :[ Total count: 600 bags :O

Mississippi smells like deep fried fish butter. Not sure if that pleasant or unpleasant. The river was AWESOME to cross. Odometer: 1961 :D 5:17 PM Oct 15th Well not the whole state, just that part near the river. Which was OMG huge to cross and oh-so-fun! Didn't get a state-sign shot this time.


odo: 2099 miles. Today is a perfect day to drive down the 64 (TN) with the windows down :) on way to Jack Daniels Brewery! 9:59 AM Oct 16th
Jack Daniel DISTILERY (durr, not brewery :B) was an AWESOME tour. i am not a jack fan, but I want to try the Gentleman Jack one :) 5:58 PM Oct 16th I made bf turn off the back road-highway to get the shot of the mental hospital, which looks like a mix of tradition and modern structure. Love the long drive into (or out of?) the facility.





I like the cave spring the best, since the guide dude was saying that this water is unique in how the rock (like limestone) purify it, and these is no other place where the water is the same; which means if the water went dry/bad, there would be no more Jack Daniels. At least, not the way it's supposed to be.
From Facebook, Oct 17th: Drove around for HOURS around Virginia and West Virginia. Goregeous states, and I mean the mountainous woodsy areas with Initial D-worthy roads XD (for those who dn't watch anime, think Tokyo Drift movie, if I remember correctly).


While on these back roads, we were using bf's phone's GPS. Got to a point where all you see on phone was our blue line, so we didn't worry much. Then I zoomed or something by accident and LOST the line completely. We took a few wrong turns, but at night ended up in VA and got a hotel. Except for thinking we were gonna pee ourselves from reluctance of stopping the car, it was totally worth the minor fear! ADVENTURE GO! Yeah, and this convenience store just made me laugh like a dork for a good couple of minutes.

North of Harrisburg, PA on the I-81. These trees are so pretty! OMG COLORS ARE CHANGING WOWSERS! 2:07 PM Oct 18th Since we were back in VA, this highway once more got us through a diff point through WV. Then took like 30 minutes to go through a teeny part of Maryland, so where we passed through, either there was no rest stop, or we just didn't bother. These trees in PA are so beautiful!





On 3-North, maybe 30 miles from Watertown. I have never seen anything as lovely as a tree with practically pink leaves :D Cold @ 49 degrees Tuesday, October 19, 2010 11:10:49 AM
Technically got to New York at night on the 18th, but bf could drive no more so we stopped at Syracuse, then drove the backroads to Watertown. Also some Lake Ontario :D




Odo: 3591 (trip miles 2916). We are in Watertown FINALLY! Woohoo!!! I tried taking a picture of a seagull but jerk flew in front of sun :( Tuesday, October 19, 2010 12:10:20 PM
Thankfully, this other one posed for me because he felt bad for the tourist XD

And here's the last shot. The Harry Potter scarf finished. In real life it's not this bright. I used the brand "I Love This Yarn" cranberry color, and the "Red Heart" gold. It's done in single crochet, and though not 6ft long, it was pretty long. I will ask bf (I made it for her) later on to measure it for me. Am currently making myself a shorter one in double crochet in an attempt to be quick about it :3

So yeah, that's the majority of the trip highlights, if I remember them all correctly. I mostly regret not getting pictures of the clouds when arriving at Atlanta, GA I think, but I got most everything I (or bf, heh heh) tried for. If I get to fly back so I can drive with bf back home, I'm hoping to stop different places, especially to visit several friends this time around :D
So when we left El Paso, we ended up being harassed by a couple of bugs. This was the primary one, I think just before or after Fort Stockton. Actually, I think maybe much closer to Dallas/Fort Worth? See, I TOLD you I didn't keep good notes. Wait... let me use twitter bits in italics, if you don't mind :D
the first lj entry of tonight's part of thre road trip shall be entitled "night of the giant bugs" :S 5:59 AM Oct 13th This is the first one. I was sitting on a toilet, minding my own business, when I see this little (well, not that little as you can see him next to a quarter I tossed down) guy coming out of the wall and heading towards my shoe. I kick, scream, and generally give best friend a heart attack. Having only grazed him, he had backed off, then approaches again. Best friend can see him under the door, and kicks him away. The stalls have two open spaces (for water runoff I imagine) between them, one near the front (where he was) and one near the back wall. Best friend goes to see where he is and starts yelling that he's using the back way and heading towards my stall. I finish and GTFO of there before he reached my stall. I wash my hands, then we follow him around and stare at him. Does anyone have a clue what this dude is?!?!

He was pretty and all, but f-ing creepy because he was an unexpected visitor. The night was thus dubbed thanks to a spider bigger than him at another rest stop, hanging out on the ground at the edge of a sidewalk. If I knew bug talk, maybe I would have known he was saying "HI :D", but as I don't, we just jogged past big ole spider. THEN in AK, tweet srsly, bug adventures. leaving Pine Bluff, AK. and a bug flew in an open window. approx 3 miles later A BEE IS CRAWLING ON DRIVER'S LEG. 12:57 PM Oct 15th. Seriously. Something flew in the window, and at the time I thought it was a small leaf (bf thought it was a big fly), but then this little bee is crawling on her leg and she chucked him out the window. I don't mind bugs normally, but these were acting all out of the ordinary, ya know?
Road Trip Update - Odometer: 1504 miles. Locaion: just got to enter Louisiana. Personal Status: crocheting and minorly motion sick, but ... 4:54 PM Oct 13th
--but in good spirits! Now searching for postcards :3 5:14 PM Oct 13th

I swear I changed my shirt, socks, and undies when I showered, it's just the same jacket and jeans :3 Found only a handful of postcards at one place. Nothing good :/
Arrived to Pine Bluff, AK. Got taco bell. tired. have to eat and get to work assembling some candy bags for a dog show though. bed so good 10:51 PM Oct 13th
As noted above, we did not leave until the 15th. Here's only a small portion of these candy bags of doom, at the hotel and then at the convention center for the Great Dane thing (which was gonna be that Saturday, so we didn't stay to look at big doggies :[ Total count: 600 bags :O

Mississippi smells like deep fried fish butter. Not sure if that pleasant or unpleasant. The river was AWESOME to cross. Odometer: 1961 :D 5:17 PM Oct 15th Well not the whole state, just that part near the river. Which was OMG huge to cross and oh-so-fun! Didn't get a state-sign shot this time.


odo: 2099 miles. Today is a perfect day to drive down the 64 (TN) with the windows down :) on way to Jack Daniels Brewery! 9:59 AM Oct 16th
Jack Daniel DISTILERY (durr, not brewery :B) was an AWESOME tour. i am not a jack fan, but I want to try the Gentleman Jack one :) 5:58 PM Oct 16th I made bf turn off the back road-highway to get the shot of the mental hospital, which looks like a mix of tradition and modern structure. Love the long drive into (or out of?) the facility.





I like the cave spring the best, since the guide dude was saying that this water is unique in how the rock (like limestone) purify it, and these is no other place where the water is the same; which means if the water went dry/bad, there would be no more Jack Daniels. At least, not the way it's supposed to be.
From Facebook, Oct 17th: Drove around for HOURS around Virginia and West Virginia. Goregeous states, and I mean the mountainous woodsy areas with Initial D-worthy roads XD (for those who dn't watch anime, think Tokyo Drift movie, if I remember correctly).


While on these back roads, we were using bf's phone's GPS. Got to a point where all you see on phone was our blue line, so we didn't worry much. Then I zoomed or something by accident and LOST the line completely. We took a few wrong turns, but at night ended up in VA and got a hotel. Except for thinking we were gonna pee ourselves from reluctance of stopping the car, it was totally worth the minor fear! ADVENTURE GO! Yeah, and this convenience store just made me laugh like a dork for a good couple of minutes.

North of Harrisburg, PA on the I-81. These trees are so pretty! OMG COLORS ARE CHANGING WOWSERS! 2:07 PM Oct 18th Since we were back in VA, this highway once more got us through a diff point through WV. Then took like 30 minutes to go through a teeny part of Maryland, so where we passed through, either there was no rest stop, or we just didn't bother. These trees in PA are so beautiful!





On 3-North, maybe 30 miles from Watertown. I have never seen anything as lovely as a tree with practically pink leaves :D Cold @ 49 degrees Tuesday, October 19, 2010 11:10:49 AM
Technically got to New York at night on the 18th, but bf could drive no more so we stopped at Syracuse, then drove the backroads to Watertown. Also some Lake Ontario :D




Odo: 3591 (trip miles 2916). We are in Watertown FINALLY! Woohoo!!! I tried taking a picture of a seagull but jerk flew in front of sun :( Tuesday, October 19, 2010 12:10:20 PM
Thankfully, this other one posed for me because he felt bad for the tourist XD

And here's the last shot. The Harry Potter scarf finished. In real life it's not this bright. I used the brand "I Love This Yarn" cranberry color, and the "Red Heart" gold. It's done in single crochet, and though not 6ft long, it was pretty long. I will ask bf (I made it for her) later on to measure it for me. Am currently making myself a shorter one in double crochet in an attempt to be quick about it :3

So yeah, that's the majority of the trip highlights, if I remember them all correctly. I mostly regret not getting pictures of the clouds when arriving at Atlanta, GA I think, but I got most everything I (or bf, heh heh) tried for. If I get to fly back so I can drive with bf back home, I'm hoping to stop different places, especially to visit several friends this time around :D
no subject
Date: 2010-11-12 04:53 am (UTC)Also, I posted that bug pic and apparently it is a potato bug. Hope that helps.
no subject
Date: 2010-11-12 06:55 am (UTC)Potato bug? OMG SQUIRM. I can only imagine something like that in my fries or mashed potatoes (because that's how my mind works), ahhh heebie jeebies! 8-S